Chesapeake Beach

Here's a quick rundown of the events going on around Chesapeake Beach November 22nd and 23rd.

Gooble Wobble

Tie on your running shoes this Saturday for a good cause. Beach Elementary is hosting "Gooble Wobble." 

You can take part in a 2.5 Mile Run/Walk, 1 mile Run or a Mini-Lap Run for the first graders and below. The fun starts at 8am Kellam's Field/Railroad Trail Boardwalk. If you haven't already registered you still can. Just show up at 7:30 on Saturday. The cost is $10.

Registration Information

Holiday Bazzar

After the Wobble run over to the American Legion for the Holiday Bazaar. The annual event helps to kick off the holiday season at the Beach. You can find everything here from bake goods to crafts and even face painting for the little ones. Santa himself will be stopping by to help everyone get into the holiday spirit.  The bazaar runs from 9 to 3pm. The American Legion Post 206 is located at 3300 Chesapeake Beach Road.

Beach living without going over the Bay Bridge..

For 15 years I lived in Washington, DC and thought you had to go over the Bay Bridge to get to beaches. When I thought of the Annapolis area I thought of bulkheads and not sand. I know that natives are laughing at this Midwest transplant but I had no idea of the beauty on the western shore of the bay. 

Its been several years since I discovered the sandy shores in Calvert county and what a find it has been. I can sun myself on the many different beaches, take walks on the bay boardwalks, relax at a bayside restaurant or go boating all without sitting in the route 50 traffic for hours.

Before the Bay Bridge was built the western shore was the place to be. The Chesapeake Beach Railroad brought people in from the city to enjoy the bay. The small beach cottages from a bygone era dot the communities down here.

From the eagles that have landed in my back yard to go fishing or the blue herons that call the marsh their home, the wildlife is amazing this close to the city. My friends in DC think I live hours away but it’s really just 40 minutes from downtown about the same amount of time it would take me most days on the metro to get to my apartment in the city. The difference? Now on my way home, I can see a passing ship on my drive home, watch the sailboats glide in the wind or just watch the waves.

Search Waterfront Homes

Annapolis Homes For Sale

Town homes in Edgewater

Leaving at the Beach

Search Waterfront Homes

Waterfront Homes in Edgewater

Town Homes Near the Chesapeake Beach

Chesapeake Beach Town Homes

Search All Homes For Sale

Michelle Doell

Keller Williams Select Realtors

O 443-261-1100

michelle@mdhomesforu.com

BrightMLS

The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the BRIGHT Internet Data Exchange program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms in which Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices - PenFed Realty participates, and is provided by BRIGHT through a licensing agreement. The information provided by this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices - PenFed Realty are marked with the IDX icon and detailed information about each listing includes the name of the listing broker.
©2024 BRIGHT, All Rights Reserved. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may no longer be available because they are under contract, have Closed or are no longer being offered for sale.
Data last updated: Mar 28, 2024 3:21:pm.